Wish it was more like a spa treatment? Well some treatments aren't the most comfortable but most are very relaxing.
Been to occupational therapy at the Heath hospital in Cardiff for scar therapy and management about my arm
and other scars. I've now got to do scar massage 2-3 times a day first with lots of moisturising lotion then some silicone Scar-gel. I've been measured up for a
compression bandage/glove from biceps to knuckles to wear 23 hours a day. Gotta
have 3. I'm going have a skin colour, blue (denim) and black. Wat u think? New ones every three months. I've got to massage E45 in all scars throughly
especially the in hard lumps. I've got a silicone gel dressing for the scars on my tummy and leg. It will take about 12-18mths. Then will look at laser therapy to clear
the gravel tattooing I have on my arm(black patches).
I will take a before and after picture and post them on here. Fingers crossed we see a good improvement. Heard it works well the more you stick to it. I hope I get used to the feeling of the massage process. Not the nicest feeling.
No pain, No gain!
....................................................................................................................................................................
2nd Session at the gym yesterday. Had a go on the bike and did lots of core work. Jumped in a colder than usual pool but did have it to myself! Not bad I thought. As i relaxing and positioned the jets of the jacuzzi on my back and joints, again alone, I thought "Ahhh this is the life!" I really cant stress the fabulous effect of the steam room and sauna on my joints though! The jacuzzi is lush! Wish I had my own!
On a mission now I'm more mobile to shift the 2 1/2 stone I've put on. I'll try not to let this blog turn into a Bridget Jones style diet. Least I'm not a smoker and not single but have a great boyfriend! Who's asked for a few ideas for my birthday present hehehe
No comments:
Post a Comment