Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Fantastic News!!!

Yesterday I  had fantastic news from my orthopedic consultant! I don't have to use my crutches now, can start to drive again, it has healed a lot more quickly & better than expected and can go back to work in 4-6 weeks!!
This proves that if your determined enough you can do anything. I've reduced my steroids down to 10mg a day, the lowest I've been on in 2 years, to help my bone heal quickly and well. But I think this has caused the flare up I've had for the last 4 weeks. But then again it could be caused by the stress and worry of it all or to be plain and simple, Lupus and Fibromyalgia just flare up cause they want to sometimes. That means you can never win. But Id rather deal with those symptoms and know that my leg is healing better than have to be off work for longer. I have sent my boss my head teacher an email to help her complete the forms that occupational health need to allow me to go back to work. But we have had a chat and it will be on a phased return but I was going to suggest that anyway. Build up my strength and stamina rather than be chucked in head first at the deep end of the teacher swimming pool that can often be more like an ocean. Even if you 100% well and fit you can struggle to stay afloat. It is worrying how much Teachers are spending doing paperwork which tires them out which then impacts their actual teaching. It may be interesting to do a poll on how many times teachers are off ill, or struggle on in work drugged up on antibiotics or fighting off viral infections. Forget the teachers for a minute, if the children's lessons are affected then it has a knock on effect for their future learning and experiences. 
Right time to get off my teaching rant! I am very  much looking forward to driving again so that I have my Independence back. I am looking forward to a meal out at Harvesters tomorrow with Amy, Corinne and Karen. Amy is one of my best friends. She has been so supportive of me through everything and much before what happened this summer. She may be super super busy but she always takes the time to send a little text message to check up on me just to let me know shes been thinking of me. If it wasn't for Amy helping me especially when I was i hospital when she'd stay late and get me ready for bed, I don't know where I'd be. Corinne is Amy's Auntie, her step mums sister. I met her at Amy's Step Mums birthday party two years ago. She is a fab lady full of words of wisdom and again always there when you need a talk. I met Karen through Corinne as she was in the middle of being diagnosed with Lupus like me. I've been lucky enough to have been through all of that and have shared my experiences with her, helping her understand symptoms and tablets and so pleased that she is getting the help from the same rheumatologist and specialist nurse that I have, finally! These three special ladies are so important to me and I hope that the day that they need me, I will be able to help them out.
As Amy says..... Positive Thinking is all you need. You'll get there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment